More Festive Light Displays Around Louisiana
We've been diligently scoping out the Christmas festivities around Louisiana, because we are excited that the holidays have finally arrived! Earlier we told you about some amazing destinations for Christmas events, and light displays across the state, and now we're got some more. If your family is like mine, and driving around looking at Christmas lights sounds like fun, then this is for you. Road trip, anyone?
- Light Up the Lake, Lake Charles. This festive event at 900 Lakeshore Dr. takes place this Saturday, December 7th. A street parade, a boat parade, and fireworks are all offered at the free event.
- Noel Acadien au Village, Lafayette. From November 30 to December 23rd Acadian Village at 200 Greenleaf Dr turns into a winter wonderland with kids activities and over a million lights on display.
- Christmas on the River, Monroe and West Monroe. Multiple festive events that include Candy Cane Lane, Santa's Christmas Village, and the Christmas Tree Stroll.
- Christmas in Roseland, Shreveport. The American Rose Center turns their lush 60 acres into a gorgeous display of twinkling lights, train rides, and live entertainment from Nov 29 - December 23. Located at 8877 Jefferson-Paige Rd., Greenwood
- Holiday Light Safari, Alexandria. The Alexandria Zoo lights up December 5-7, 12-14, 19-21, and 26-28 from 5:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m. with Santa visits, lighted displays, and lots of kids activities.
- Celebration in the Oaks, New Orleans. City Park turns into a winter wonderland with over a million lights on 25 acres, right in the middle of the city.
- Old World Christmas Lights Spectacular, Minden. Make north Louisiana your holiday destination for this yearly German influenced celebration. Life size nutcrackers make this a 'must see' event at 520 Broadway St.
- Natchitoches Festival of Lights. The big dog daddy of Louisiana Christmas celebrations, now in it's 93rd year, and running November 23 through January 6. Don't miss it, it really is worth the drive to see the millions of sparkling lights on the beautiful Cane River in downtown Natchitoches.