Movies You Probably Didn’t Know Were Filmed in Louisiana
We are endlessly fascinated by the television and film industry here in Louisiana, and with good reason. More films are being produced in our state than in Hollywood, and it has become one of the top industries in the Bayou State. So, it's no surprise that alot of movies have been shot here. But even I didn't know about some of the ones below, from the folks at Only in Louisiana. I've also included a few of my own favorites, and a trailer from a film you probably DID know was filmed here, below. Have you seen any of these?
- 'Because of Winn Dixie', 2000, Napoleonville.
- 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', 2008, New Orleans
- 'Pretty Baby', 1978, Columns Hotel, New Orleans
- 'Double Jeopardy', 1999, Lafayette Cemetery #1, New Orleans
- 'Chef', 2014, New Orleans
- 'Ender's Game', 2013, New Orleans
- 'Twelve Year's a Slave', 2013, New Orleans and Forest Hill
- '21 Jump Street', 2012, Various locations on Interstate 10
- 'Déjà Vu', 2012, Mississippi River Bridge, New Orleans
- 'Interview with the Vampire', 1994, Destrehan Plantation, Oak Alley Plantation, and New Orleans
- 'Final Destination', 2000, New Orleans
- Belizaire the Cajun, 1986, Lafayette
5 Netflix Titles With New Orleans In A Starring Role