Top 15 Public High Schools in Acadiana
We hear a lot about what is wrong with our local schools and school systems in the state of Louisiana but sometimes it's good to celebrate what is right.
A website called Niche does just that. They actually do rigorous analysis of data, run it through their methodology system and come up with rankings for schools on a nationwide and statewide level.
According to their website:
Niche is a website that helps you discover the schools and neighborhoods that are right for you. We rigourously analyze dozens of public data sets and millions of reviews to produce comprehensive rankings, report cards, and profiles for every K-12 school, college, and neighborhood in the U.S.
A few days ago Niche published their rankings and profiles for high schools nationwide. Some of their analysis included academic and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with test scores, college data, and ratings collected from millions of Niche users.
So it is important to point out that these rankings sound a bit subjective. Nonetheless, this always makes for an interesting argument and even can be a catalyst for some bragging rights.
We combed through the results for public high schools in Louisiana and have listed below all the Acadiana area schools that are in the top 100 statewide along with their overall state ranking. (School's parish in parenthesis.)
- North Vermilion High (Vermilion) #23
- Lafayette High (Lafayette) #26
- Early College Academy (Lafayette) #28
- Loureauville High (Iberia) #33
- Berwick High (St Mary) #38
- Erath High (Vermilion) #40
- Midland High (Acadia) #45
- David Thibodaux STEM Academy (Lafayette) #50
- Kaplan High (Vermilion) #52
- Morgan City High (St Mary) #82
- Basile High (Evangeline) #85
- Jennings High (Jefferson Davis) #88
- Delcambre High (Iberia) #93
- Patterson High (St Mary) #94
- Centerville High (St Mary) #97